The purpose of this course is to help parents understand the teaching and assessment practices being used across the globe to increase student achievement.
Parents might want to take this course to find more ways to support their child(ren)’s learning, ways to complement the teacher’s work, or to completely direct the learning themselves. All of these purposes are supported by the learning we’ve built into this course.
After this introductory section, there are nine additional topics:
- Engagement and Ownership
- Planning Valid and Reliable Evidence
- Using Samples for Quality and Success
- Co-constructing Criteria for Success
- Self- and Peer Assessment
- Goal Setting that Energizes Learning
- Collecting Evidence of Learning
- Instructional Rubrics for Learning
- Communicating Evidence of Learning
The nine topics are selected to help parents learn more about the kind of teaching and assessment practices that promote deep learning. Each topic includes:
- A general introduction to the topic
- A brief video lesson filled with practical examples and ideas
- A reading that has been selected to extend your thinking and build upon the video lessons, as well as,
- A collection of ideas so you can extend the learning if you choose to do so.
The order of the topics is completely yours to determine. We have chosen the order that makes sense to us. You might know exactly what you need, so we encourage you to go forward in the order that best suits you.
3 Year Access Regular Price $99
Every connect2learning course comes with our 30 days, no-questions-asked full refund policy. If you're not 100% satisfied, just let us know and we will refund your money.